As an initiative of the Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada (AFMC), the CHEC-CESC mission is to provide an online environment and associated commons to share educational materials, designs and practices associated with healthcare education in whatever form across the continuum and between professions in Canada.Strategic Goals
- 1. Encourage the active sharing, development, and exchange of educational materials and pedagogical tools.
- 2. Permit members to offer feedback and evaluate resources.
- 3. Support discourse among members with a particular focus on the challenges inherent in teaching and learning.
- 4. Facilitate collaboration on projects and research and report on work that is relevant to its members.
CHEC-CESC is designed and open to all Canadian faculties of medicine and their associated faculty, students and staff.
All healthcare education departments including schools of nursing, physiotherapy, pharmacology, radiology and dentistry are also welcome to become members of CHEC-CESC.
CHEC-CESC is supported by a Steering Committee made up of one representative from each faculty of medicine and one AFMC representative. The committee meets a minimum of three times a year. One of the meetings is held as part of the annual Canadian Conference on Medical Education. A number of additional sub-committees have also been established including: Operational Management, Infrastructure, Marketing and Communication, e-Cases/Virtual Patients, and Evaluation.
For more information on the CHEC-CESC membership or governance, contact: bduplessis
ca - Brenda Du Plessis.Funding
CHEC-CESC depends on the support of the faculties of medicine, medical organizations and our individual donors to help us build the Commons.
CHEC-CESC would like to thank the following for their generosity:Faculties of Medicine
- Dalhousie University
- McGill University
- McMaster University
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Northern Ontario School of Medicine
- Queen's University
- University of Alberta
- University of British Columbia
- University of Calgary
- Université Laval
- University of Manitoba
- Université de Montréal
- University of Ottawa
- University of Saskatchewan
- Université de Sherbrooke
- University of Toronto
- University of Western Ontario
- Ontario Ministry of Health
- Manitoba Health Workforce
- Associated Medical Services
- Gender and Health Collaborative Curriculum Project: A collaboration of the Undergraduate Education Committee (UE-COFM) and Gender Issues Committee (GIC-COFM) of the Council of Ontario Faculties of Medicine.